Nicole M. Scott joined The Law Office of Tiffany M. Hughes in 2018. Nicole has dedicated her career solely to Family Law, which which is inclusive of being an Extern in the Domestic Relations Division of the Circuit Court of Cook County with the Honorable Judge Lionel J. Baptiste, a Clerkship with the Department of Children and Family Services, Senior Law Clerk, as well as, an Associate Attorney position at a Chicagoland based Family Law Firm.
Nicole focuses on providing her clients with results through zealous advocacy and passionate representation. Nicole prides herself on offering her clients practical expectations while understanding their needs and desired goals. As a child who was the center of a strenuous custody battle, Nicole understands the need for stability and security within the familial transition process. She also understands the need to have a transparent listening ear and empathetic heart during difficult times, and as such, is willing to be that person for her clients. Nicole uses her firsthand experiences, her court room experience and vast knowledge of Family Law to provide her clients with superior advice and strategy on how to achieve their overall objectives.
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D. cum laude (2016)
- Philadelphia University, B.S. (2012), Law and Society, Minor in Psychology
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Black Women Lawyer’s Association
- Cook County Bar Association
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Women’s Bar Foundation Scholarship Recipient (2014)
- Illinois Judicial Scholarship Council Scholarship Recipient (2014)
- CALI Award Recipient: Constitutional Law II (2014); Conflicts of Law (2014)
ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Nicole Scott, Comment, Digital Love: Where Does the Marital Communications Privilege Fit in The World of Social Media Communications, 32 J. Marshall J. Computer & Info. L. 105 (Spring 2016).
- “Activities Between the Sheet Cause Sanctions in the Seat: Extramarital Affairs May Invoke a Duty To Recuse”- Cook County Bar Association publication, “Sidebar” (Summer 2016, Vol. 1, Issue 2).